Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Karine Becomes Karen...

Today was my last full day in Armenia. I spent my day trying to see everyone I know here just one last time...I mostly succeeded :) Tomorrow morning, my flight leaves at 10am for Paris, after which I fly to Montreal, before finally arriving some 21 hours later in Chicago. I'm certainly excited about going home, but I'm also really sad to leave, because these past ten months have really been one of the best experiences of my life. I've met soooo many amazing people here, seen soooo many amazing places...It's been absolutely fantastic.

Everyone has been asking me, "When are you coming back to Armenia?" I don't know the answer to that question yet, but I know I need to come back. There's still so much here that I haven't seen and haven't learned...so many places I haven't been (like Lake Sevan! Okay, I saw it out the window of a marshrutka, but I haven't *been* there.) So some day, I know that I'll be coming back here. (After all, I have to show my Armenian teacher that I did all the homework he gave me! ;) )

But for now, I must say goodbye to this country that has been my home for the past 10 months. I'm sorry to leave here...but I'm excited for what the future will bring.


Hajoghutyun dzez,
Karen/Karine

No comments: